SOIL BUILDER MIXTURE
Johnston Good As Gold Soil Builder is a cover crop designed specifically for your garden! Modeled after the Spring and Fall Base Cover Crop mixes, Soil Builder is a great way to provide moisture conservation, organic material, and improve overall soil health.
Our spring blend consists of cowpeas, mungbeans, sorghum sundangrass, pearl millet and okra. It is to be used to cover fallow areas of the garden in spring and early summer months.
Our fall blend consists of wheat, barley, winter peas, sorghum sundangrass, turnips and tillage radishes.
- Regional Growing Zone
- 1 - Northwest Coastal, 2 - California Coastal, 3 - Southern Mountain, 4 - Mountain, 5 - Midwest, 6 - Northeast Lakes, 7 - Great Lakes South, 8 - Appalacia, 9 - Southeast, 10 - South Florida, 11 - South Texas, 12 - Southwest
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zones
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Temperature Zone
- Warm, Cool, Transitional
- Planting Season
- Early-Spring - Early-Summer
- Plant Depth
- .5" - .75"
- Minimum Soil Temp for Germination
- 59° F